Presented by Hickory Point Bank
Summer of Service is a summer campaign designed to give teens an outlet to give back to their community through self-designed service projects. Projects submitted or nominated have a chance to win one of four $500 Visa gift cards from Hickory Point Bank!
Who is eligible?
- Macon county teens entering 7th grade in 2020 through the graduating class of 2020.
- All service projects are eligible with the exception of those designed for personal financial gain.
- By submitting your project, you allow Neuhoff Media and Hickory Point Bank to share your story and your likeness. Personal information, such as phone, address, email WILL NOT be shared. In addition, you may be contacted for an interview to share your story with others!
- Your project does NOT need to be complete before you submit it. Maybe you just started! Feel free to provide the progress of your project using this form as often as you would like!
- Deadline to enter is August 21st
- Photos, videos and supporting assets you provide for your submission may be used by Neuhoff Media and Hickory Point Bank
August 3, 2020 – Karla Miller of Hickory Point Bank joined Byers and Co to talk about how they are adapting through technology and being hopeful for the future because of the amazing projects being created by young people of the community. Janese Sherrod talks about Black Girl Magic, a project where she and her…Continue Reading
July 30, 2020 – High School senior-to-be, Allie Schelling joined Byers and Co to talk about her motivations to create her Reading Buddies program and book drive to benefit Hope Academy.Continue Reading
July 30, 2020 – Hickory Point Bank’s Karla Miller joined Byers and Co to talk about feeling positive about the inspiring projects being completed by local young people and compliments the work of Natalie Beck and the Community Foundation. Listen to the podcast now.Continue Reading
Today, Young Leaders In Action were handing out water and lunches to those in need at three Decatur locations: Outside of Northeast Community Fund, outside of Decatur Oasis, and at Central Park in downtown Decatur. Teens from across Macon County handed out 150 lunches for their fight against hunger. Below are photos from the event, led…Continue Reading
July 22, 2020 – Young Leaders In Action (YLIA), a youth-led initiative of The Community Foundation of Macon County and Rotary Club #180 of Decatur, will provide 150 lunches for individuals in need by hosting a “Fight Against Hunger” empowerment lunch. Throughout this summer, YLIA leaders have been active in the community, striving to help those in need,…Continue Reading
July 20, 2020 – Karla Miller of Hickory Point Bank joined Byers & Co to talk about “The Summer of Service”, a youth community service challenge. Macon County youth can enter their summer service project for a chance to win one of 4 $500 gift cards courtesy of Hickory Point Bank. Listen to the podcast and…Continue Reading