SEPTEMBER 10 – Many of us are nothing without the teachers who helped us realize what we wanted to become. Or what our potential could be. Or even fought us to stay focused through the juvenile years.
That respect is what pushed NowDecatur’s Aric Lee and Nick Smith, to create the Corley Family Dental Teacher of the Month contest.
“Teachers are incredibly underpaid, sometimes undervalued, but for most of us, they are never forgotten,” Lee said. “Nick and I just wanted to do something to salute teachers through the 2019-2020 school year, and maybe beyond. And thanks to Corley Family Dental, a lot of hustle from our sales team, and many of our local sponsors, it is happening, and hopefully a bunch of our local teachers will feel the honor we are aiming for.”
The monthly cycle will roughly be:
- Middle two weeks of the month are the nomination period on NowDecatur.com
- Final week of the month is the voting period on NowDecatur.com
- Follow NowDecatur.com and the NowDecatur Facebook page the first week of the month for video of Aric & Nick crashing the classroom to present the winner a gift pack
Each month, nominate as many teachers, administrators, etc., from any school of any grade in the Macon County area, also including non-county school districts in the NowDecatur sports coverage area: Central A&M, Clinton, and Cerro Gordo-Bement. Millikin University and Richland Community College are also eligible for nominations.
Aric and Nick will choose five finalists each week, and honor them over that final week of the month, although no nominations will be discarded, and a finalist could be chosen in a different month, from which they were nominated.
The winning teacher will receive a gift pack valued over $400 including:
- Flowers from Secret Garden
- Gift Certificates from Sloan’s Calzones & The Avon Theatre
- Gift packs from Daphne & Kris at The New Look Salon, Texas Roadhouse, & Marquis Coffee & Door 4 Brewing Company
- Gifts from Janvrin Plumbing & the Shane Major Richland Insurance Office
Nominations are currently open until Sunday, September 22nd … Voting for the October Teacher of the Month will run from September 23rd to 30th.