January 16th, 2020- Millikin University’s student-run radio station 89.5 WJMU The Quad has been nominated for a station record eight national awards by the Intercollegiate Broadcasting System. IBS Awards finalists represent the top three to five percent of work submitted in their category to the National IBS from the previous year. Winners will be announced at the 80th Annual IBS International Media Conference March 6-8, 2020, in New York City. The nominations are as follows:
- Best Specialty Show: “Transportation the Marmoset” by Frank Macaluso, a senior theatre major from Chicago
- Best On-Air Personalities: Jason Messina, a senior communication major from Crystal Lake, Ill., and Lane Caspar, a senior communication major from Sherman, Ill.
- Best Radio Drama: “Shivers and Chills” by Athena Pajer, a junior English literature major from Lovington, Ill.
- Best Station Promotional Poster: Stranger Things Poster created by Kiara Fultz, a senior arts technology major from St. Louis, Mo.
- Best Use of Sound Effects: “Devil’s Advocate Show Promotion” created by Jason Messina and Lane Caspar
- Best Underwriting Spot: “Hardee’s Underwriting” by Sam Meister, instructor of communication and WJMU station manager
- Best Comedy Show: “Owl Stretching Time” by Frank Macaluso
- Best Use of Video: “WJMU The Quad – True Blue Challenge” video, directed by Sam Meister and edited by Matt Sands