August 2, 2019– Visitors to the first day of the Decatur Celebration who did not buy wristbands in advance can purchase them at any of the four admission gates for $15 apiece.
The locations of the entry gates are: (Gate A) North Street at Jackson Street, near the Decatur Civic Center; (Gate B) Franklin Street and William Street (Next to Decatur Public Transit); (Gate C) East Main and Franklin St (Next to the Decatur Public Library) and (Gate D) at the corner of Main and Main next to Merchant Street.
The Festival officially begins at 5 p.m., with Opening Ceremonies set for 6 p.m. on the Show Stage at Franklin and Eldorado.
Guests should be aware of the admission rules:
- Every person age 13 and older must have a wristband to enter the festival grounds.
- Wristbands must be worn on your wrist and must not be tampered with in any way including cutting off and taping back on. If a wristband is tampered with it is no-longer valid.
- Outside food and drinks cannot be brought inside the festival grounds. You will be asked to throw these items away or take them back to your vehicle.
- Alcohol cannot be taken outside of the admission gates.
- No coolers, tumblers, water bottles, or insulated cups will be allowed inside the admission gate. Baby bottles, child sippy cups, and/or baby food containers are allowed for use by children.
- No shirt, No Shoes = No Service
- You will be asked to open large bags to show contents.
- No weapons of any kind. Concealed carry permits are not applicable inside the festival grounds per state laws.
- Yes, you can bring your lawn chair; however, this does not guarantee that people will not stand in front of you at the concerts. The Celebration is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Pets are not allowed on festival grounds. It’s not that we don’t love pets, there just aren’t proper facilities for them in our large crowds.
- No Bikes, Skate Boards, Skates